Innovation is born out of change and a quest for new avenues: ACIMIT has embarked on the road to digital transformation, which has led to DIGITAL READY certification, specifically dedicated to Italy’s textile machinery manufacturers, facilitating and building customer loyalty in managing machine data and providing Made in Italy a new competitive advantage in global markets.
A NEW DATA MANAGEMENT MODEL
Towards this end, DIGITAL READY certification is aimed at attesting the correct implementation of the conceptual data model that ACIMIT has developed in partnership with the Manufacturing Group at Politecnico of Milano.
A COMMON LANGUAGE
ACIMIT’s data model aims to standardize management and production data of Italian textile machinery, based on a common language that allows for easier integration of machinery within the manufacturing customer’s production systems.
What are the benefits for ACIMIT’s associated members who choose to certify their machinery?
- Standardization of the machine’s management and production data
- Simplified use of the data model
- Align the relevant KPI identification by the customer
- Valorization of the machinery
A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS
The certification is designed to simplify the production process, making use of a standard language and unique data reading system that allows different types of machinery to dialogue with production systems. The goal of the certification is to build customer loyalty while establishing a virtuous bond between textile machinery manufacturers and their customers, creating an innovative synergy for the textile sector.
Machinery with certification
- Machinery ready to be integrated in production systems.
- Reduction of production costs and times.
- Vision of the product’s entire lifecycle thanks to integrated machinery.
- Efficient overview of data with an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Simplified business analyses.
HOW TO GET THE CERTIFICATION
The international certification body RINA, a long-standing ACIMIT partner, is authorized to issue the certification to associated member companies. A company intending to obtain Digital Ready certification for its machinery is required to abide by a framework that is divided into five phases:
- Adherence to the initiative, by signing the “Regulations for the issuing of the ACIMIT Digital Ready Certificate of Conformity”;
- Identification of the machine and collection of data;
- Analysis of all documents by RINA;
- On-the-spot audit and verifications by RINA;
- Obtainment of certification.
VALIDITY AND DURATION OF THE CERTIFICATION
The Digital Ready itinerary implemented for a manufacturer’s specific machine will lead to the obtainment of certification valid for all machinery of the same production type, for which there will be no need to replicate the procedure.
Digital Ready certification has a duration of five years from its issuing.
WHAT MACHINES CAN OBTAIN DIGITAL READY CERTIFICATION
Digital Ready certification can be requested for the following type of machines:
- Spinning machinery
- Weaving machinery
- Knitting machinery
- Finishing machinery
- Other machinery